Our PADI Instructor Development Course is an 18 days learning adventure with the focus on preparing the candidate a career as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor ( OWSI ).
Participating in the PADI IDC in Bali means joining a fun, professional, intense learning experience together with other likeminded people, the fellow IDC candidates. Together preparing for the Instructor Examination ( IE ), a career in scuba diving and building long life friendships and often co-workers.
Besides actual good networking that an IDC Course in Bali can bring, our program is designed from the ground up to let you experience how it is to work as a PADI Instructor. Learning how to understand marketing diving, the business of diving and most importantly, how to properly and safely teach future dive students.
You will be supported along the way by a dedicated teaching team. Alina Conroy, our PADI Course Director will be with you every step of the way joined by her team of professional PADI Staff Instructors.
Starting with the optional Preparation Workshop, the IDC in Bali consists of 18 days of daily activities combining classroom workshops, confined water and open water sessions.
Within the 18 days the candidate will be practicing dive theory, role playing Instructor for the fellow candidates and presenting knowledge. The Preparation Course, Assistant Instructor Course ( AI ), Open Water Scuba Instructor ( OWSI ), Emergency First Response Instructor course ( EFRI ) all leads up to the 2 days Instructor Examination ( IE ).
View the 2018 IDC Calendar
PADI Instructor Development Courses take place every month allowing you a flexible time frame for when and how you wish to join.
Applying for our IDC classes can be either through our normal course structures as well as our Fast and Slow IDC’s.
- Dedicated teaching staff
- AI, OWSI, EFRI
- 2 specialty Instructor Levels: Aware Shark Conservation & Emergency Oxygen Provider
- After-hours IDC Support
- VISA assistance
- Transfer to dive sites
- Boat rental
- Equipment rental
- Towels, snacks, lunch, water/soft drink
- 3 days fun dives ( depending on availability )
- Multiple types of discounts ( ask directly to the office )
- Certified PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives including night, deep and navigation dives
- Be a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months